Sunday, January 8

Sweetness Sundays - Crochet Babes

I am not someone to gush over babies, mostly because in my work as an Obstetrical Nurse [yes I have a real job] I have seen so many precious and lovely babies it would be a little ridiculous. I have seen truly angelic looking babes, the babies that look so much like little old people that you can't help but adore them on sight, and the most teeny tiny of miracles [thanks to my work in the NICU]. Any Baby Nurse worth her salt will tell you that newborns, particularly preemies, are not so great at controlling their body temperatures. That is the reason we cover their little melons with a stockinette cap after delivery, and why we bundle them up. When it comes to babies and hats, they are definitely a functional item, but no one says functional can't also be beautiful, whimsical, and even a little ridiculous.
The skill involved in doing good crochet work is beyond me. I have tried, since as far back as age 15, to learn the craft, but it didn't take. I admire good work, and great patterns are as important as skilled crocheting. When I stumbled upon a picture of a fabulously adorable Crochet Baby Cap on Etsy recently, I was instantly reminded of this fact. Of course, seeing one of these images made me want to look at more, and so the birth of this blog post. Here are some lovely, colourful, whimsical, and sublime examples of fabulous Baby Millinery, and links to the Etsy artists responsible. Both patterns and handmade items are featured here, so follow the links below the images to get to the Etsy Shop in question. Not in the market for a Baby Bonnet? It never hurts to see some Sweetness on a Sunday.
Pom Pom Beanie Hat by Chloe's Crochet Closet on Etsy.
Set Of Two Baby Hats with Ears by Karenisa's LillyLu Shoppe on Etsy.
Crochet Sock Monkey Hat by The Baby Crow on Etsy.
Crochet Baby Boy Aviator by InHs Tyme on Etsy.
Bunny Hat Baby Beanie by BabaMoon Baby Hats on Etsy.
Fedora Little Man Hat by Adornments by Design on Etsy.
Swirling Flower Earflap Hat by imomzi on Etsy.
Baby Bear Hat by Belle Baby Boutique on Etsy.
Mommy's Little Monster by Cuddle Me Crochet on Etsy.
Knotty Babe Crochet Baby Hat Pattern by Whimsy Woolies on Etsy.
Crochet Baby Hat Patterns by Cute Kid Couture on Etsy.
Pixie Gnome Bonnet by Oops I Knit It Again on Etsy.
Orange Gerber Daisy Hay by Sweet Princess Bowtique on Etsy.
English Lavender Garden Tutu & Crochet Baby Hat by Sweetheart Tutus on Etsy.
Crochet Baby Hat Beanie by Pink Poodle Baby Boutique on Etsy
Have you overdosed on the Sweetness yet? I hope so! On a side note, that last image of the twins from 'behind' is particularly funny to me because somewhere in my parent's home is a very similar image of a set of identical twins sitting on a towel upon a large boulder lakeside to a family cottage. I may just be the one with the cuter 'tushie', but then from the back, who could tell. Wait, my mother could probably tell in a snap, mom's have that skill. Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, Follow-Up, and Friendly Fire